How to Apply
Applying to Horizons at SHU (for Spanish click here)
The completed application is due April 6, 2018. An application is considered complete when the Horizons office has received the application form, most recent report card, teacher assessment, an IEP or 504 plan (if applicable) and the past two years tax return cover sheet.
- Please fill out one online application for each child applying to the program. Be sure to answer every question; the application must be filled out completely for your child to be considered for admission. (See link under Application Instructions)
- Upload or mail a copy of the child’s most recent report card.
- If your child has an IEP or 504 plan, please mail a copy to Horizons at SHU.
- Give the assessment form to your child's teacher, and make sure it is completed and upload to your online application.
- As proof of income, a 2017 or 2018 tax return is required.
- Do not send money; there is no fee to apply to Horizons. The $30.00 fee is payable upon acceptance into the program.
Admission decisions will be released by the middle of May. Admitted students will be required to attend a mandatory parent orientation. If your child is not admitted, he/she will be placed on a waiting list in the event a space becomes available.
Our 2018 summer program dates are Monday June 25th through Friday August 3rd from (8:30am-3:30pm). During the school year, Saturday Academy hours are 8:30am-12:30pm
If you have application questions, please contact Jeffrey Rumpf, Executive Director at (203)396-8484 or firstname.lastname@example.org.